Pages

Monday, August 21, 2006

Discovering Mat Kearney

Is that a Coldplay song on the radio? It may be a song from Mat Kearney's April 2006 CD release, Nothing Left to Lose. Kearney, who hails from Oregon and has spent time as a youth pastor is now opening for the John Mayer/Sheryl Crow tour.

His 2004 debut Bullet earned widespread acclaim and a nomination for GMA New Artist of the Year. It also quickly attracted the attention of a mainstream label. In an interview with ChristianityToday.com Music he said, “I'm a Christian, but I felt like I had a message for a lot of people. So I made a record that I felt could stand up to any artist out there, from any market, based on excellence of music.”

You can listen to his CD in its entirety on his website and read a review of the project at ChristianityToday.com Music.

No comments: