Pages

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Song of the Week: "Killing the Blues" by Robert Plant and Allison Krauss

This duo has received a lot of positive buzz: Alison Krauss of Americana and bluegrass fame, and Robert Plant of Led Zepplin fame.  Here they are singing "Killing the Blues."  Oh, to find the weapon.



Lyrics:

Leaves were falling, just like embers,
In colors red and gold, they set us on fire
Burning just like a moonbeam in our eyes.

[Chorus:]
Somebody said they saw me, swinging the world by the tail
Bouncing over a white cloud, killing the blues.

Now I'm guilty of something...
I hope you never do
Because there is nothing
Sadder than losing yourself in love.

[Chorus]

Now you ask me just to leave you
To go out on my own
And get what I need to.
You want me to find what I already had.

[Chorus]

No comments: