Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Top 15 Blog Posts Since Last June

It's been a year since I've looked at stats on traffic to this blog. Here are the 15 most-viewed posts at "Get Anchored" since last June:

 

15: Coexist: Four Ways to Actually Accomplish It

 

14: Sermon Illustration Alert: "I'm Not Dead Yet!"

 

13: "Tempting as it is To Deny the Malleability of Sexual Orientation...."

 

12: The Moral Realism of the Noir Hero

 

11: My Top 5 Books for 2011

 

10: Good Question! Did God Abandon Jesus on the Cross?

 

9: What's "The Thinker" Thinking About?

 

8: Jonathan Chen's Faith Story

 

7: Tied: "Life Lessons from King David" and Aerial Photographs of the Southwest Drought

 

6: Interview with Statesman faith columnist Eileen Flynn

 

5: Review of Skye Jethani's Book, "With"

 

4: Getting Ready for Scorcese's "Silence"

 

3: "I Probably Lean Toward Annihilationism...."

 

2. Hillcrest Blessings

 

1: The 5 Commandments of Words with Friends

 

A few more observations on reviewing my blog work:

Across the lifetime of this blog, it looks like the most popular posts have been book reviews, and also when I've posted note-worthy songs for a limited time.

Timely reports on faith-based response to disasters have been favorites.

My weekly "Links to Your World" tends to generate the highest hits in any given week, though something on "Links to Your World" for Oct 13, 2009, touched a nerve and generated 6 times as much traffic as I normally get for a "Links" post.

I don't suppose I should be surprised that narrated photos of my Israel Trip was popular, but it was nice to see that cultural observations were a hit, too, such as "Like When God Turned Stones into Bread" and At a Texas Intersection of Faith and Reason.

Also, it was nice to see at least a couple of theological reflections generated high traffic: What Got Jesus Frustrated and Acknowledge Your "Tilt" Between Divine Sovereignty and Human Responsibility.

One of my most popular posts has been How to Turn a Bible Book into an Audiobook, while the runaway most-viewed post was a simple notice on a UT Forum, "Was Darwin Wrong?" which continues to get hits.

 

 

No comments: