Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

This week's newsletter from Karen

Over the past several weeks I've traveled a lot, asked a ton of questions, answered a ton more, and seen the inside of more classrooms and dorm rooms than I can remember. Why? My child is moving on to a new phase of her life and she needs my support as she makes a decision on which path to take. She trusts me because she knows, based on our history together, that I love her and that I always have her best interest at heart when helping her. She doesn't want to worry about making the wrong choice, so she seeks my guidance. 

I have come to a point in my life that I don't want to live with anxiety, worry, concern, uneasiness, apprehension, and fear. I want peace. Good thing is, I know where to find it.

Philippians 4:6-7 reads, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

I'm becoming kind of "addicted" to the behaviors in these verses - in a good way. You see, each time I practice the prayer described in verse 6, the more I enjoy the peace described in verse 7. Since I want more peace, I find myself coming to God in prayer more and more.

Now, because of the history I have in my relationship with God, I know that he loves me and always has my best interest at heart.

My prayer is that you, too, will develop your own history of trusting God with your requests and that he will give you peace.

No comments: