Pages

Wednesday, May 06, 2015

This week's newsletter from Karen

Last week one of our Kindergarteners crossed the line of faith and became a member of God’s forever family. How do I know? He told me. No, let me take that back, he didn’t tell me, we blasted me with the news. And not only me, but anyone who would listen to what he had to say.

As he was talking to me I was reminded of Luke 18:15-17:
“People were also bringing babies to Jesus for him to place his hands on them. When the disciples saw this, they rebuked them. But Jesus called the children to him and said, ‘Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.’”

When was the last time you were so excited about your faith that you were “blasting” those around you with your excitement?

When was the last time you were so excited about your faith that you told anyone and everyone who would listen without worrying about their reaction?

We all have great stories of faith worth sharing. So why don’t we share them?

Think about your greatest story of faith and picture how a child would tell it to someone. If you’re like me, you’ve pictured an instance of innocence. No fancy words, no pre-written statement, no filters. Just faith.

My prayer this week is that we’ll begin to ask God to help us remove the barriers/filters/fears/worries we face when sharing His love with others.

No comments: