Pages

Monday, June 26, 2017

Recommended Books

by Tom Goodman

In yesterday’s sermon I recommended the following books. These will help you develop confidence in answering questions that nonbelievers may ask about your faith.

The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel. In fact, any of Strobel’s “Case” books will help.

The Reason for God by Tim Keller. I also recommended his newer book, Making Sense of God. But at least start with his “Reason” book.

Unapologetic: Why, Despite Everything, Christianity Can Still Make Surprising Emotional Sense, by Francis Spufford. I don’t agree with everything about this book, but what he gets right he gets very, very right. My comments here.

True Paradox: How Christianity Makes Sense of Our Complex World, by David Skeel

Mere Christianity, by C.S. Lewis. Released in the 1950s, it’s still relevant.

The Anchor Course: Exploring Christianity Together

I also quoted from Lesslie Newbigin’s The Gospel in a Pluralist Society.

So, there. Your summer reading list is complete!

2 comments:

Pat said...

Good stuff, Tom. Thanks for posting. Some of those titles are new to me, so I'll have to check them out. I'd also recommend Fool's Talk by Os Guinness and Sharing Jesus Without Freaking Out by Alvin Reid.

Tom Goodman said...

"Three Theories of Everything" by a former Buddhist monk is a good one too. http://amzn.to/2tiswUS