Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

For Further Study in Daniel

by Tom Goodman

As we wrap up our series through Daniel (archived here), maybe you're interested in further study of the book.

The book of Daniel is a complex book, and I had to make dozens and dozens of interpretative decisions as I prepared the messages for this series. I did not always lay out the interpretative options nor explain why I chose the perspective behind my sermon points.

So, for those who want to dig further, I found the following commentaries helpful. Click on the links to find the resources at Amazon:

Top on the list were The Message of Daniel by Dale Ralph Davis and The NIV Application Commentary on Daniel by Tremper Longman III.

Other commentaries I used:

Preaching Christ from Daniel by Sydney Greidanus

The Gospel According to Daniel by Bryan Chapell

The Prophecy of Daniel by EY Young

The New American Commentary on Daniel by Stephen Miller. The link will take you to the physical copy, but the ebook is only $3 right now.

The Word Biblical Commentary on Daniel by John Goldingay.


No comments: