Pages

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Craig Ferguson Observes 15 Years of Recovery

Craig Ferguson is TV's most gifted talk show host. I used to set my DVR for his show just for the monologues before I got into this too-busy season of my life. Like most comics, too bad he's sometimes bawdy and he can be cruel to those he skewers. But unlike most comics, he's been known to open himself to his audience with brutal and touching honesty, too. The night he spent twenty minutes talking about his dad's death was classic. The following falls in that category. Ferguson tells us that his 15-year anniversary of sobriety was a day to reflect on what he and other comics were doing to broken people like Britney Spears and Anna Nicole Smith. I'm in close conversation with a few people at Hillcrest who are thinking about launching a recovery ministry, so watching Ferguson celebrate 15 years of his sobreity was timely (HT: SBC Outpost):

No comments: