Pages

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Links to Your World--Tuesday February 13

Is There a Perfect Valentine Present?

Have you heard that naps increase productivity and decrease the chance of heart problems? Just don’t use that excuse during the sermons. . . .

It’s been out a while now, but I bet most of you haven’t seen the rap video, “Baby Got Book.” Hilarious.

In 10 Questions for the Seeker, Scott Pruett raises some questions designed to stir the mind of the seeker, and to give touchstones for dialog to Christians seeking to reach them.

Ten-minute devotionals called “Drive Time” in podcast form here. iTunes is free. You can listen on your computer or load the podcast on your mp3 player. Saddleback Pastor Tom Holladay is in the middle of Romans right now.

In “Believing Scripture but Playing by Science’s Rules,” the NY Times profiles Marcus Ross, a young-earth creationist who received his doctorate in paleontology.

Gender roles in the home are often ignored according to this leader.

Learn more about Cheryl Selby’s work in this news video. this news video.

This seeker has a blog all about her spiritual search, and she’s looking for your stories. She writes, “Other than the occasional random moments in nature that I’ve already described, I haven’t felt the presence of God much in my life and I’m finding it frustrating. I talk to others who have felt it and I find it hard to believe, if only because I find it hard to imagine for myself. They meditate or go to faith healers or other kinds of healers or pray and find themselves in that presence. I meditate or pray and I can’t shut myself up. Here’s what I’d like: Stories from you. Fire away. How have you solved a problem or gotten through a bad time, and how has God shown up to help?” Add your comments to her blog.

No comments: