Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Twenty-Five Years Ago . . .

Out of the blue I got an e-mail from someone I haven't seen in 25 years. Heather wanted me to know that my first wedding ceremony "stuck" as she and Gene just celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary. In the pic below, we're standing at Gene's home church, Travis Baptist Church, my first church as a 21-year-old Baylor student. Travis is a rural community forty minutes outside of Waco, between Rosebud and Lott. Population at the time, 300: Sa-LUTE! I'm the kid with the geeky glasses:


And a pic of Diane at the piano bench. The church only hired me because she came with the deal (grin):


Thanks for the pics, Heather and Gene! I'm glad my first wedding ceremony "held" and I'm honored you looked me up for your 25th!

No comments: