Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School

“Those first days of a new school year I looked forward to wearing my new school outfit, meeting new friends and new teachers, but the most meaningful and surely the most memorable moments were when I hurried to the breakfast table to see what my father had written to me that morning. I keep these letters in a special binder and read them every year about this time.

I have since passed this tradition on to my own children. The words are different as I have all boys, but the love, pride and well wishes for the coming year are the same. Tonight, I have placed three letters by three cereal bowls at our breakfast table.”

Read the full piece at my sister’s blog, reflecting on letters she received from Dad on the first day of every school year.

No comments: