Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Healing Prayer

Church member Terry O'Daniel reported on God's answer to our prayers:

I had an ear infection in June and even after seeking immediate medical care I was left with partial hearing loss in my left ear. I was told the loss and constant ringing would be permanent and I should keep an open mind about a cochlear implant. I sought a second opinion and was given additional medication with only a 20% chance of it working. I asked for prayer using the Connection Card and asked my common ground group for prayer. In the mail the following week, I received a letter with signatures of all the people praying for me. I kept that letter and looked over it when I was praying with a heart of thanks and humility for all those people who were praying for healing of my ear.

Three weeks passed before I was to return to the doctor for a hearing test. When the audiologist performed the test, he said he was amazed that 90% of my hearing had returned. My ear was almost completely healed. I then spoke to the doctor and I told him that I was at peace with what had happened because I trusted God's plan but that I had a large group of people praying for me. He said he also believes in the power of prayer. I attribute the healing to a miracle since the medication has such a small chance of helping me.

With five young children, I need to be as healthy as possible to care for them. Thank you for your gift of time in praying for my healing. I praise God for healing my ear and for giving me a renewed gratitude for being able to fully hear my life around me.
Good news, Terry! We praise God with you!

No comments: