Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2009

How to Teach Your Wife Stuff

So I got this note today in reply to my message on "The Ideal Husband" from last Sunday: 

Pastor Tom,   

I decided this week, that it would be an encouragement to you to show you how I've attempted to live out your message from last Sunday, and provide feedback that may lead to more sermons that hit us where we need them.  I'm considering making this a weekly habit, so you can know how deeply you are impacting my life. 

What I took away from last week is that I should love my wife the way Christ loved the church.  So throughout the week, I thought to myself, if Emily were the church, and I were Christ, what would Christ do.   

At several points throughout the week, Emily wanted me to do something around the house.  I tried to explain to her, that I don't think Christ would help the church with the dishes.  If anything, from his example with Mary, we know that Christ discourages doing dishes in his presence.  Emily then told me, "You aren't Jesus, get in here and help me with the dishes".  Similar interactions happened throughout the week. 

Maybe it was because she was volunteering in Sunday school, and missed the sermon, but now I'm in a situation I don't know how to deal with.  Maybe you should do a sermon on how to teach your wife stuff, so I can get her on board with your teachings on the bible.

No comments: