Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

So Good So Far

Enroute to Lusaka, I sat next to a young theology student from the Netherlands who is doing his PhD dissertation on the role of the church in addressing the HIV/AIDS crisis in Africa. We ended up discussing the role that providence plays in the plot of Slumdog Millionaire. (Yes, you’ve never met real geeks until you’ve met theology geeks.)

Smooth flights to Heathrow and then to Lusaka, and the bags arrived with me. Cool weather: I had to wrap up in my windbreaker as we disembarked in Lusaka as the temps were in the lower 70s F.

I will introduce you to those I work with and to those in my class some time this week. In the mean time, here are some pics.

I went to the National Gallery during my layover in London. Had a bite at the Texas Embassy Cantina (named for the brief time the Texas Republic had an embassy in England). Here’s a shot of Trafalgar Square from the porch of the National Gallery:




The seminary chapel:



The driveway from the chapel to my flat:



Here’s my flat. Mine is on the right:



Kitchen (with a shared laundry room at the back):



Bedroom:



Books I aim to tackle in my “down time”—

No comments: