Pages

Saturday, July 04, 2009

Random Shots of a Goodman in Africa

I took 4 days to preach through the Beatitudes at the seminary’s Spiritual Emphasis Week:




The Lusaka Pastors Fellowship invited me to bring a message and share a meal with them at their monthly gathering:



I’ve already mentioned the tea time at 10am every morning. Franklin Kilpatrick snapped a couple of shots at tea this week. In the first slide, I’m speaking with 2 of the students in my class, Gracious Chambala and David Chibanga. Gracious is a marvelous musician, by the way. In the second photo, Franklin caught some of the children of the seminary students. There is a day care for them, but they are released at tea time along with everyone else:




I mentioned the musicianship of Gracious Chambala. I do wish I could capture the congregational singing for this blog, especially when they break into songs and choruses that arise out of the various languages of Zambia and the surrounding countries:



A shot of the students taking a break with a game of football. They invited me to join them, but they are too young and too good! (To clarify: I was never good at soccer, but I was once young….)



I’m so-so with the stove, spoiled rotten at home with the best cook in the world. So it was a special treat to be invited over to the Kilpatricks and the Parks for meals this week. I already posted about the Parks. In this shot, Franklin wanted you guys back home to see the size of the T-bone he grilled for me!

No comments: