Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

“What more could I want for the rest of my life than to be someone through whom the fragrance of the gospel is released”

I’m grateful to be among those called to proclaim the triumph of your mercy and grace. What more could I want for the rest of my life than to be someone through whom the fragrance of the gospel is released… the aroma of forgiveness and freedom… the incense of reconciliation and restoration… the perfume of knowing and being loved by you? What a privilege.

Wherever you take me in the triumphant procession of the gospel is the best place to be. However you want to spread the fragrance of knowing you is the best way to live.

--Scotty Smith’s Sunday morning prayer, reflecting on 2 Corinthians 2:14--“But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him.”

No comments: