Pages

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Links to Your World, Tuesday August 9

Read "That truck driver you flipped off? Let me tell you his story." I don't "flip off" truck drivers but I sure get annoyed when they jam both lanes of I-35 between Austin and Waco. I'll try to be more understanding after this article. Read it to the end for a most powerful punch.


Out-Of-Control Conversation Safely Turned Back Onto Self


10 Things You Shouldn't Keep in Your Wallet or Purse


The Onion has a fake "statshot" in the form of a USA Today graph on "The Reasons We're Skipping Church." I like the 3 percent who say we're skipping because "No one listens to our sermons" :-)


Scott Adams of "Dilbert" fame explains what happens to creativity when you eliminate boredom. Not sure I agree--I like all my available "distractions"--but more space for think-time is something we could all use.


It's got to be one of the toughest jobs in the world: Pictures of the last 6 presidents before and after their terms.


Our International Mission Board is looking for accountants. Sounds like an adventure awaits.


"Is living clean the key to living long? Maybe not, says a new study by Yeshiva University's Institute for Aging Research, which shows that people who made it to the ripe age of 95 were just as likely as their shorter-lived peers to engage in the kinds of lifestyle habits that researchers deem unhealthy: eating fried foods, drinking, smoking and failing to exercise" (Time). It almost makes you think that there's a higher reason to take care of yourself than mere longevity.


8 Biggest Locks on Earth. Why?



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: