Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Links to Your World, Tuesday May 28

"Many young people have never been to a real church, since they were raised in multi-media nurseries and then taken into hip church services built around jumbo video screens and rock bands. 'They’ve never sat on a pew between a set of new parents with a fussy baby and a senior citizen on an oxygen tank,' he argued. In short, many have never seen faith applied to the full timeline of real life." (From a post about a post about why 20-somethings drop out of church)

 

Can't remember a word? Make a fist.

 

Flying cars. Finally:

 

Questlove: "The best improvisation happens when you've mastered whatever composition you're playing....I believe you can only elevate an arrangement once you know it by heart. I prefer to practice my spontaneity."

 

There are actually seven types of the genus called 'Southern Baptist'. I borrow from the other six, but I think I'd best be labeled 'Orthodox Evangelical.'

 

This is why I teach at our seminary in Zambia. I will be returning in July.

 

Austin is now the nation's 11th largest city, growing by 70 people a day, according to the Statesman. I think it has something to do with all those references about moving to Austin on the finale of The Office.

 

The Events Depicted in Star Wars Actually Happened to Me, by George Lucas

 

53 'Arrested Development' Jokes You Probably Missed. And 53 more.

 

No comments: