Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

“We are God's love here on earth for the world to see”

1525003_10152429008996760_7102161450213419729_n 

“It's happening,” Amy Koch wrote, “It's happening one child at a time.” She posted the following story on Facebook and gave us permission to put it on our “Between Sundays” blog:

Talking to Miles at bedtime, he told me about how today a classmate of his said that he doesn't believe in God. And then he followed it up by stating that he hates Christians and Jews. I asked him how he felt about that, and this is what he said:

"Some people got really offended and argued with him. They said things that weren't nice, but I didn't see what that would help. Obviously nobody he loves teaches him about God or Jesus or takes him to church. So while they argued, I just wrote down "Ask God to open L----'s heart" so I would remember to pray for him. I remembered we're supposed to love our enemies, and that seemed like the best way to do that. "

After talking to him a bit longer and praying together, I said goodnight and came downstairs to sign Miles' reading log. And there it was, just like he said: "Ask God to open L----'s heart" written in his agenda.

I am so grateful for a church that teaches the truth of God's word and also teaches that we should love *everybody* because we are God's love here on earth for the world to see. It's happening. It's happening one child at a time. I cannot express how blessed I was by that conversation tonight.

No comments: