Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2015

ICYMI Thursday

by Tom Goodman

Final_Frontier

NYT: “Many in their 20s and 30s [are] feeling financial pressure over attending elaborate and demanding festivities that lead up to and also include the wedding.” Just the next stage in runaway narcissism that I’ve watched take over weddings during my years as pastor.

 

Jim Gaffigan: “My faith is very associated with the notion of mercy. I understand that there is something greater than myself that does not judge me in a negative manner—or forgives me I should say. For me, being in touch with the idea that I’m not in control of everything is important. When I find myself frustrated, I have some distance from that idea I’m not in charge, for instance in how this conference call is setup.” First Things interviews the Gaffigans about being Catholic celebrities.

 

“He has baptized 66 umpires so far, calling them safe in the only way that matters.” An ESPN profile of Pastor Dean Esskew and his ministry to major league and minor league umpires.

 

His conversion led him to the feet of one he oppressed under apartheid.

 

Know Your Southern Baptists: A Directory

No comments: