Pages

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Family Pride

Here are a few links to some things about/from my extended family:

My first sister (Nisha) has a blog about life with small boys in a 19th century Brenham (Texas) farmhouse (I've mentioned it before). In this post, she reflects on the maternal instinct she saw in a first-time longhorn mom. Nisha's a good writer, and moms of small kids will identify with her.

My second sister (Meg) is a bat biologist for Texas Parks and Wildlife in Austin. National Geographic depends on her expertise in this article.

My 15-year-old neice Riley creates custom purses. Check them out here and place an order. It started as a National Honor Society Project in response to the Hurricane Katrina Disaster. All of the money earned was donated to the American Red Cross. She is now creating "Riley Purses" to pay for her own tuition at Texas A&M where she will pursue a degree in engineering in 2012.

My 17-year-old neice Dylan is having her first art display this weekend. You can see some of her selections here.

No comments: