Pages

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Is There More to Life Than This?



This is the winning entry from a "viral competition" at The Alpha Course. The two runners-up are pretty good too (see them here). The Alpha Course is an international phenomenon designed by Nickey Gumbel, an Anglican minister in England. It's a course designed to introduce the Christian faith to those who are asking, "Isn't there more to life than what I'm experiencing?"

Gumbel's approach to interacting with seekers is the approach I intend to take with my study course, The Anchor Course (a happy accident that the names sound so similar!). I introduced the book by giving it away during a 9-week sermon series at Hillcrest in the Fall, but all along it was written to be a textbook for small-group study. I am planning to lead a couple of small-group studies this Spring. Want to be a part of one? Contact me!

No comments: