Pages

Friday, November 07, 2008

So Many Books, So Little Time

I usually have more than one book at a time going, but I think reading six at a time is overboard:

  • I'm reading Dreams from My Father, Barack Obama's memoir, because I want to know more about our new President.
  • I'm reading Arminian Theology by Baylor prof Roger Olson because I sometimes need to be a guest in another's perspective. (I'm a Calvinist as taught by Baptist theologian Millard Erickson.)
  • I'm reading The Prodigal God, Tim Keller's latest book.  Excellent!
  • Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell has been sitting on my shelf for a couple of years.  I had every intention of finding out what the hubbub was about Bell, but only now getting to reading him.
  • I'm reading The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt by Edmund Morris, in hopes of getting to the second volume, Theodore Rex, before the third and final volume of the biography is released.
  • And I'm almost done with The Perfect Storm by Sebastian Junger, having bought it 3 summers ago for $4 at a Brenham book store.

I'm thinking about joining Readers Anonymous: "Hi I'm Tom and I'm a bookaholic."  Time to pare back down to no more than three at a time!

No comments: