Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

"Christian Blogs Fit Into One of Three Categories"

From Mere Orthodoxy:

Here’s my basic hypothesis.  Christian blogs fit into one of three categories:  Christians exhorting other Christians to live Christianly, Christians talking about politics, and Christians exhorting other Christians to stop talking about politics and start reaching the lost instead.

Of course, those blogs are great....Don’t hear me saying that Christian blogs have to be oriented toward talking to non-Christians.  They don’t.

But if I was a non-Christian judging the shape and dynamic of our churches by our behavior online--a reasonable thing to do, I think--I’d probably leave a tour of Christian blogs thinking that we spend most of our time talking about how to reach people, rather than reaching people.

In other words, I don’t know of a major Christian blog that has crossover appeal.

No comments: