Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

“It's going to take some major concessions from everyone who isn't me”

Is it satire if you actually know people like this?  “Kurt” for the Onion:

The truth is, this nation can never be united as long as it is home to people other than myself.

I love America, I cherish our way of life, and I have always believed there is room in our democracy for everyone to think and act the same way I do. Every man, woman, and child in this country is free to be just like me. It is no mere privilege—it is the God-given right of every American.

One day, people will realize that fostering a worldview identical to my own is the most sensible course of action. From where I stand, it's the only course of action.

In the meantime, there are a terrifying number of opinions out there that are not mine.

Deep down, all of us really want the same thing: to bridge the gaps that divide us, to live in peace and harmony. It can happen, but it's going to take some major concessions from everyone who isn't me. It's going to take everyone coming together, shutting their opinion-holes for once, and doing exactly what I want, when I want it.

Because the time for me is now.

So sad, so true. Read the rest at The Onion.

No comments: