Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

This Week’s Column from Karen

Here is this week’s newsletter column from Karen.

RaulieKarenFull(1)

Job, described as blameless and upright, experienced some rough times. He never cursed God for the rough times, but he did question why he had to face them. God had some interesting answers for Job’s questions, but afterwards Job says this, “I know that you can do all things; no purpose of yours can be thwarted. You asked, ‘Who is this that obscures my plans without knowledge?’ Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know.” (Job 42:2-3) In the end, Job was restored by God.

In the New Testament Paul describes the many successes and defeats he went through. In Philippians 4:12-13 he says these words, “I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do all this through him who gives me strength.”

I’m always ready to question God when times are tough, but many times forget Him when times are good. But as both men point out, God is there all the time. Good and bad.  It is so important for children to understand this concept. Take some time this week and share with your child times when you knew God was working during a tough time in your life and when God was present in a wonderful time of your life. Help them understand that God is always with them.

No comments: