Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

This week's newsletter from Karen


Psalm 100
Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people,
the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him
and praise his name.
For the Lord is good and his love
endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through
all generations.

Psalm 100 was my grandmother’s favorite passage of Scripture. I saw, heard, and was taught these words from a very early age and they have become one of my favorite passages, too.

In a country, city, and church as blessed as ours, it is sometimes easy to take for granted the good stuff and question God’s motives about the hard stuff. I’m no exception to that line of thinking. As we go through this week of Thanksgiving, my prayer is that we will all remember these words from the psalmist. God is worthy, creator, good, loving, and faithful. Our response in good and bad times – thanksgiving.

My family and I wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving!


No comments: