Pages

Wednesday, August 05, 2015

This week's newsletter from Steve

Anyone tired of the heat yet? Here we are in the hottest days of August, and I find myself contemplating what it will be like to wear a jacket outside again… out of necessity! I also find myself thinking about the work that the Lord has done in the lives of our students over the past few weeks, as well as the work He has done in my life this summer.

I wish there were a way to show each of you how hard these students worked during our week of missions here in Austin. I also wish I could show you the kind and loving spirit they had while doing so. Pictures and words on a page just cannot capture those things! I also wish that you could have been a part of our church group discussions, worship and teaching times, and even recreation time during Youth Camp. Our students met with Jesus this summer in a very real way. I believe we are gaining some spiritual momentum with this group, which is exciting!

I cannot give you a complete glimpse of those moments, but you can be a part of what goes on right here at Hillcrest! Please be in prayer for both our youth and college students. So many of them are trying to consistently walk with the Lord daily, and we can see the changes He is making in them. Pray they will continue to move closer to Jesus, even as school starts, and the summer ends. Pray that their weak spots would not overcome their new-found strength in Christ! Lastly, if you really want to take it a step farther, stop one of the students, ask them for their name, and then let them know you will be praying for them specifically! That would be great!

No comments: