Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

This week's newsletter from Karen


Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

If there were a Top 10 of verses to memorize, this one is right up there.
The message seems easy, right?
Wrong.

A friend and I were discussing some recent medical “emergencies” happening in our families and this verse ran through my mind. Why? Because in both of our situations, we mentioned that anxious feeling we had when the doctors treated our “emergency” in such a routine manner. In my situation, I had to purposely take a step back and see things from the doctor’s point of view. I then realized that what to me was an “emergency”, to him was just another “day at the office.” He had much more experience and knowledge about the situation and knew it wasn’t anything for me to be extremely worried about. I needed to trust his knowledge and experience and, by doing so (and not taking matters into my own hands), everything would heal and be fine.

Isn’t it the same with God? We often feel like He’s not taking care of our “emergency” in the way we think it needs to be done and we just take matters into our own hands. A lot of time this gets us into trouble.

Next time you have that anxious feeling that God doesn’t quite understand your “emergency,” remember this verse and take a minute to see things from God’s perspective. Remember that He is omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent. Remember to lean on Him instead of yourself. Remember He loves you.


No comments: