Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

This week's newsletter from Michael

Most evenings after putting the kids to bed, I find myself on my iPad or laptop catching up on Facebook, news, or simply reading articles related to music ministry. I came across this one a few weeks ago and I thought I would share some of it with you. The article is titled, “Ponder Anew: Discussions about Worship for Thinking People.”

Here are a few reasons to Keep the Church Choir Alive:
1. Choirs support good congregational singing.
2.
 Their visual presence is an encouragement to the congregation.
3.
 Choirs help singers develop and improve their musical gifts.
4.
 Participation in choir ministry can be an avenue for introducing outsiders to the church and the Christian faith.
5.
 A church choir is an open, welcoming, and diverse group.
6.
 They add creative artistry and beauty to a worship service.

Last Sunday was the best I have ever heard Hillcrest sing! The Holy Spirit was here! You know, the Holy Spirit will show up if we show up with a heart ready for worship. Many visitors last Sunday wanted to know if there were recordings from our services. I said, “YES!” I posted a few on the Hillcrest Facebook page. Spread the “good news” around, church family, let’s not keep it to ourselves.

These are just a few reasons as I mentioned above, but I just want to say Hillcrest has a wonderful choir! Our choir is made up of many different individuals from young to old, and many different ethnic backgrounds, etc.

I would encourage you who may not have participated in church choir to consider making it a part of your life. You can help make a difference each week in someone’s life whether during rehearsal or worship. If you have participated in the choir in the past, I would encourage you to come back and join us on Sunday afternoon at 4:15pm

Have a Blessed week!

No comments: