Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

This week's newsletter from Gene

Thanksgiving week. When we think about that, it is easy to focus on what may be major issues in our lives, rather than the total. I don’t know of any person that doesn’t have circumstances in their lives, or friend’s or family’s lives, they wished were different. If those circumstances are our focus, we will have a difficult time being very thankful. If we look at the whole of our lives and then look at where the Lord is working in those circumstances we are having difficulty with, we can be thankful.

Do you have, or have you had little children, or maybe grandchildren now? How easily they get upset at the adults in their world because something doesn’t go like they want or many times, “when” they want. One of my least favorite phrases my mom used to say to me when I was very young, was “after a while.” There were things that prevented me getting what I wanted, when I wanted it, even though mom had told me I would get it. We lived in the country, so I enjoyed going to town. When mom had said we were going to town a particular day, I was ready right then. I would bug her about “when.” Many times her answer was “after a while.” And “after a while,” we would go.

Are there areas in your life where the Lord is saying “after a while?” Sarah and Abraham knew what it was like to “wait upon the Lord” for the fulfillment of His promise to them, “being fully persuaded that God had the power to do what he had promised.” Romans 4:21

Is God’s answer to you, “after a while?” Be thankful.

No comments: