Pages

Wednesday, December 02, 2015

This week's newsletter from Steve

We are the body, or the family of members, of Christ. Last night, I got to see the body of Christ in action, and it was a beautiful thing. 
 
A couple of our college students were on their way back to school after the Thanksgiving break, and were involved in an auto accident near Abilene. Thankfully, when we were notified by one of their parents, we were told their injuries were not severe, but they were being taken to a hospital in Abilene to be checked out. Abilene is not that far from Austin, but when one of your kids is in trouble, 3 hours is a LONG way away! 

After a few messages and calls, one of our deacon’s daughters and one of Amy’s and my former students from New Mexico (who both live in Abilene) were on their way to the hospital to check on those involved in the accident. Even though our former student did not know these from Austin, her love for the Lord and for others moved her to action. I am so thankful these two ladies were able to stay with them until parents arrived at the hospital. So thankful those involved in the accident are okay. God was watching over them! 

Friends, we are not an organization with walls… we literally are the body of Christ. So glad to see Christ lived out, as in this verse: 

“I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” – Galatians 2:20

No comments: