Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

This week's newsletter from Karen

Sometimes when I look at my watch, I panic because I see time just whizzing by. Each and every tick of the clock’s second hand is a reminder that I am losing a resource that is not renewable – time.

Many things in my life right now are time-driven. My vacation is coming up and I have not started getting things ready, a special April emphasis for the kids is being launched, and summer camps for the kids need to be planned and staffed. The closer each of these events gets to fruition, the faster the days seem to approach. The faster the days approach, the more anxious and uneasy I get about all the things I want to say and do.

These feelings remind me of Paul’s words in Philippians 4:4-7. “Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

If you are feeling like I am, join me in rejoicing that God is in control. Join me in remembering that God is with us. Join me in giving thanks to God for all his provisions for our church family. Join me in receiving the peace only He can give. Join me in realizing that each tick of the clock is a gift from God that isn’t to be worried away, but to be used for His glory.



No comments: