Pages

Monday, November 20, 2006

Sweet Prayer

Our youth Drama Team did a great job with their dessert theater last Friday. Many of the skits and prayers were prepared by the students themselves. I thought Mareike Zapp's prayer was particularly sweet. She is an exchange student from Germany living with the Nordins, who attends our church. Her prayer was entitled "Danke/Thank You." She presented it to us in German, but here is the English translation. Obviously, the Nordins live near a canyon in River Place, so they get a few more "critters" in their yard than some of us:

Dear God, I thank you for being in such an exotic place -- Texas! It's awesome, these various animals I've never seen before: mountain lions, snakes, coyotes, geckos (though I don't like them very much, but I heard they are good) . . . let's see, lions, snakes, scorpions, geckos, and -- oh yes not to forget the POODLES! Not one, no, two -- what a blessing for the house! I mean without them it would be pretty boring -- they're like party animals! Additionally I want to thank you for the weather; the sun shines all day instead of being covered by clouds like in my homeland. I enjoy being outside! The school is also alright. The people are totally friendly and open here. In all I think I have a really good deal with my year. Thanks! Bless the ones I left in Germany and be with them. Amen.

No comments: