Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Song of the Week: Keller Willams' "Breathe"


From the Department of Shameless Name-Dropping: From left to right, me, Paul Overstreet, Dr. Dick Furman, and Franklin Graham as we prepare for the second of a 2-tank dive at Eden Rock in Grand Cayman 2003. Overstreet has written too many hit country songs to name--most recently, the Cayman-inspired "Some Beach," made famous by Blake Shelton.

I've loaded Keller Williams' "Breathe" on the GetAnchored audio player for this week (upper right corner). He's singing about freediving in a public pool, but when I first heard it on KGSR, my thoughts wandered back to diving the Wall in Grand Cayman. Sigh . . .
Feeling the water rush into my ears
as I submerge into the deep blue
Weightlessness bliss wish to stay like this
as I'm floating towards a clue
Hearing the sounds of exhausted young children
expressing their interest to go
Mothers and fathers who bake by the pool side
prepare as I remain below

Then I breathe
Breathe

Paddle and treading I'm rising toward surface
the bubbles are leading the way
Alone in my universe far from the earth
I escape intense heat of the day
Kicking like Kermit I plunge for the bottom
prolonging my next gasp of air

Paddle and twisting I use my reserves
and whatever left I can spare

Then I breathe
Breathe

No thunder or lightning
Or hail or tornado or tropical storm hurricane
No police no problems annoying loud noises
Just symmetrical picture frame

Weightlessness bliss wish to stay like this
as I'm floating away from my ills
Time to invest in an air tank or snorkel
or pray I acquire some gills

Then I breathe
Breathe

No comments: