Pages

Monday, December 29, 2008

Book Challenge

I got inspired reading about our outgoing president's reading habits.  So, Tim Raymund and I are going to enter into our own little competition.  I doubt I'll get thru a book a week as our outgoing president does, but maybe one every three weeks is reasonable?  First up for me will be:

  • Finish The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt by Edmund Morris, so I can get to his Theodore Rex before he releases the third of the trilogy sometime this year.
  • In Search of a Confident Faith by J.P. Moreland, because I want a more confident faith.
  • What We Can't Not Know by Christian and UT prof J. Budziszewski, because I want to review his take on Natural Law.
  • Neither Poverty Nor Riches by Craig Blomberg, because I need a fresh reminder of what God wants me to do for the poor.
  • Just Courage by Gary Haugen, because I was inspired by his introduction of his organization, International Justice Mission at this year's Willow Creek Leadership Summit.
  • The last two Harry Potter books, because I'm still a kid.
  • Gilead by Marilynne Robinson.
  • Master and Commander, the first of the Patrick Obrien series, to see if I care to read the rest of his Jack Aubrey stories.

That should get me through--what--May?

Got any other suggestions?  Want to join us on the challenge?

No comments: