Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

This week's newsletter from Karen

I read a poem* a while back that read… 

Words are very powerful.
Words have the power to…
move us from a place very deep within us,
shift us from old beliefs to new ones,
inspire us to take action steps to make a difference,
shake us up and help us change,
touch our hearts and bring us peace.

I thought about these “word powers” and the part God’s words have played in my life as I’ve moved from non-belief to belief to growth to service to influence. 

In my non-belief, God’s Word made me want something so much more from my life. Continued reading caused my shift from a factual knowledge of Jesus to a believer in Him as the one and only avenue for salvation. More reading helped me to grow and understand that there was an obedience-from-love component of the salvation I had received that made my life different than it was before. Even more time in God’s Word shook my life’s plan to see that God had a calling on my life to serve Him, what that exact service was, and where the strength to serve would come from. After following his calling to service, I find myself needing God’s Word to direct me as he uses me to influence the lives of others. 

Have God’s words been a major factor in your life?

If not, my prayer for you today is that God’s words would begin to move, shift, inspire, shake, and touch your life for His honor and glory.

* author name not given

No comments: