Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

This week's newsletter from Karen

My Facebook cover photo looks like this…
I’ve loved this picture from the very first time I saw it.  For me, it is a great visual picture of where two passages of Scripture meet.

1. “Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?’ And I said, ‘Here am I. Send me!’” (Isaiah 6:8, NIV)
2. “’Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’ How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: ‘How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!’” (Romans 10:13-15, NIV)

When I made it my cover photo, I had no idea God would take me (more than a year later) to Africa as part of the Hillcrest team that went to Malawi. Africa was an amazing experience, but I hesitate to call it a “once in a lifetime” experience. Because as stressful, tiring, and demanding as it was, I’d drop everything and do it again tomorrow.

Not everyone is called to go halfway around the globe to tell others about the love of God for us. Some are called to just go across the street or next door.

This Sunday is Explore Sunday. Bring someone with you so they can see what we do here on Sunday mornings. Also, families with children/youth, participate in Sleepover Saturday by having your children’s friends spend the night with your family and then come with you on Sunday morning.

My prayer is that you’ll answer God’s call this week and be “sent” to your neighbors and friends just to ask them to join you. My prayer is for your “beautiful feet.”

No comments: