Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

This week's newsletter from Gene

Good advice from a Facebook post from HPU graduate Sarah Harrell. She is a single friend of one of my pastor friends’ daughter. Regardless of age and life circumstances, it is Biblically sound advice

What if you stop looking forward, wishing for a time when your life might be different? What if you embrace THIS moment. These blessings. This circumstance. Stop waiting for "the next thing." Instead, be thankful for all the Lord has provided. Here is the opportunity offered: Be patient. Wait on the Lord for whatever He appoints. Wait quietly. Wait trustingly. He holds every second of every minute of every hour of every day of every week of every month of every year in His hands. Thank Him for what the future holds, for He is already there. Psalm 16:5 says, "Lord, You have assigned my portion and my cup." Shouldn't we gladly respond, "I'll take it, Lord! I'll trust You for everything?”

Hopefully when you are reading this, Lynn and I will be back in Austin after her second round of chemotherapy, and should be able to be home for about 3 weeks.

No comments: