Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

This week's newsletter from Karen

Remember when you were a child and completed a dot-to-dot picture?
Remember wondering what the picture would be when you finished?
Remember a few times when you reached the last dot, looked at the picture, knew the picture wasn’t quite right and then realized that you had skipped a dot or gotten some dots out of order?

I think of my life as a dot-to-dot picture. I’m moving through time not knowing exactly what the final “picture” will look like. Although I can’t see the entire picture of my life, God knows the “picture” that will be created as I follow the path He has laid out before me. When I am overwhelmed and cannot seem to see where each step will take me, I only have one thing to rely on: faith.

Hebrews 11:1 and 3 read like this: Faith makes us sure of what we hope for and gives us proof of what we cannot see. Because of our faith, we know that the world was made at God’s command. We also know that what can be seen was made out of what cannot be seen.

Unfortunately, as parents, we don’t have the luxury of completely moving through our life’s picture before our children begin theirs. However, it is important to teach them to follow God’s path for their life by taking their own steps of faith. The only way to teach this is to have already done it ourselves. My prayer is that we all learn to follow God through faith to create the awesome picture He has already set for our lives.


No comments: